Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Project Sumo?


I have taken on a new project that I am calling Project Sumo. I got this pathetic looking 125cc motorbike from my friend George and since I have nothing else to talk about I am going to bLog through it's repair. There is basically no electrical system hooked up so I am researching how to rewire the whole thing myself. I think I have a good idea of how to do it but i just need to find the parts. This would seem easy except only Africans run the motorbike salvage yards so my white magic won't get me any deals. So I either pay through the nose or send one of my guys to get the parts. That could go wrong fast because we use different technical jargon. Anyway priority one is a new gas tank, the old one is rusty inside and finding a CDI to get the starting system going. I know you probably don't care about this but you have read this far so it's your own fault if you are bored. Once I get it running then brakes and cleaning will happen. Finally I have some visions for the way it should look and Momo is still coming up with a name. He calls my 750 "blafunda" Thats Liberian Momo for Black Thunder. Once she is named we can get a bottle of sparkling grape juice and christen her. Thats a long way down the road though. Oh and Andrew wants to learn how to ride on it before I give it back to George. So stay tuned for that.

No comments: