Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sunsets


I was standing in my doorway with my beloved dog, One Love, watching the sun set after another steaming Liberian day and something strange happened. I started to think that while bLogs are somewhat interactive, no one has really tried to capture the essence of humanity through bLogging. I want to take this opportunity to try something new. If you have a guitar get it out. If not just sing along with the rest of us. I am inviting you to sing with me a deep and meaningful song in my life about unity and God's amazing creation. As you are singing maybe someone else will be singing along at out bLog campfire. I pray you feel the same joy and connection to creation that I feel when I sing. So lets try it. Oh by the way if you want to post a video response to this in the comments section I strongly encourage it. I think it will add to the effect. So 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4...

C Em F G
It only takes a spark to get a fire going.
C F G
And soon all those around, can warm up in glowing.
F
That's how it is with God's love,
Dm G Dm7 G Dm7 C
Once you've experienced it, you spread His love to everyone;
F
You want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring, when all the trees are budding;
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming.
That's how it is with God's love;
Once you've experienced it, you want to sing
"It's fresh like spring"; you want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I've found.
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound.
I'll shout it from the mountain top - PRAISE GOD
I want the world to know; the Lord of love has come to me,
I want to pass it on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry matt
i did it all wrong
i just sang the kit kat theme song instead
but it is quite catchy
but perhaps you could give me a break?