Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Candy Bars.

I began to develop a theory about candy bars last night. I realized that I can eat a lot of some things but not others. Like I can eat giant buckets of popcorn at the movies but only one candy bar at a time. Then I started thinking about it and I found a hole in my candy bar theory. If those mini hershey bar mixes are at a party I will munch on bite sized Mr. Goodbars and Krackels until my teeth hurt. So why can't I handle the thought of two Snickers bars back to back? I don't even think I could eat a Kit Kat followed directly by a Twix if it came down to it. Then I moved past little candy bars and remembered times I have eaten a one pound bag of M&Ms in a short period of time. So what is it about the bar that seems so indulgent? Is it the size? I can eat three times the weight of Reeses Pieces as Baby Ruths. Is it just me? I think I need to break through the cycle of fear that is gripping me and just eat a crapload of candy. Then I will have overcome.

No comments: